POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Is no-cost software irresponsible? : Re: Is no-cost software irresponsible? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:21:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is no-cost software irresponsible?
From: scott
Date: 9 Aug 2013 07:41:22
Message: <5204d562$1@news.povray.org>
>> If they can't afford that, they are given the injection forcefully :-)
>
> But that's oppression of the poors by the richs!
>
> (assuming you divide the amount, the formula used will be subject to
> endless discussion : per head, per income, per wealth, per age... )

Age would be the major factor (as younger people generally have more
years left to spread disease). Income and wealth are secondary factors
(wealthier people tend to live longer), but the impact would be small
compared to age, so for the sake of saving money on the admin and
logistics, just do it by age. Or given that we can't expect children to
make an informed decision (and they're the ones who can cause most
damage by not having the injection) just force it on children and make
everyone else pay the same (again, to make logistics easier).

Just in case you're wondering, this is not meant to be serious, just
looking it at purely from a logic / economics point of view :-)